GoDaddy is best known for selling domain names. It’s not surprising that they also have a website builder. GoDaddy website builder competes directly with some of the big names like Wix and Weebly, but how well does it perform? Experts agree that while it is not the biggest name, it can be counted among the best website builders. Here’s our take on the pros and cons.
- GoDaddy offers more than 300 templates, which is still a good number, and you can start designing your website right away. Designing the templates or changing the themes is an easy job too, and customization is one of the many highlights. Yes, GoDaddy does offer the choice of drag-and-drop features, so creating new web pages is a simplified job.
- Unlike some of the other website builders, GoDaddy offers the choice to make backup copies of your website, which is a big advantage. The same website can be saved in many versions, so you can always go back if you want.
- What makes GoDaddy really special is the range of customer support that they offer, and that’s available and accessible 24×7. You don’t have to wait to get support for designing the website.
- GoDaddy also brings new plans for ecommerce, which is a huge advantage. You can get all the features, right from payment integration to selling many products. Check their website to get a better idea of the plan features.
- Expectedly, GoDaddy offers a free domain name if you use their website building services, and that’s a big plus, because many website builders charge you for that.
On the flip side
- Unlike Weebly, GoDaddy doesn’t allow you to shift from the theme without losing content, which is a bummer of sorts. If you want a new look, you have to start from scratch.
- GoDaddy doesn’t allow you to make as many changes as you want from your mobile. You have to get to the desktop to use all the options.
- There are different packages for ecommerce, which is again confusing, because if you started as a regular store, you will have a hard time moving forward.
- The features offered on GoDaddy aren’t enough compared to some of the other website builders, which again is something that critics often point out.
- Finally, GoDaddy doesn’t allow you to export your website to another builder, which is the biggest issue with had with its services.
Consider these aspects and take a call.